The greens await, and the bar is open!
With the country moving to level 2 the club executive have considered how to proceed based on government announcements and the advice of organisations such as Sport New Zealand, Bowls New Zealand, Auckland Bowls etc. On that basis they have decided the following:
- The club is open for Bowls.
- The bar is open.
- Social distancing is in operation, with entry and exit via the sliding door or locker room only.
- Before entry hand sanitiser must be used and everyone must fill in the track and trace sign-in sheet.
- There will be only a limited amount of rinks used as per mandate from Bowls New Zealand
- If you are using jacks and mats please make sure that they are sanitized before and after use.
- Please don’t pick up other members’ bowls and the same person on each team must put up the jack and pick up the mat.
- Please sanitize your bowls before and after use.
- Always practice safe hygiene, including washing hands for at least 20 seconds before and after bowls.
Please read the signs around the club and pay attention to the tape on floor by bar that lets you know how to keep yourself and fellow bowlers safe, and please follow the directions of the Bar staff – they’re looking after you.
Click on the images below for the full-size notices of instructions for all players:
If you feel you are not coping, it’s important to seek help and professional support. Your family doctor is a good starting point.
For support with grief, anxiety, distress or mental wellbeing, you can also call or text the ‘Need to talk?’ service on 1737. This service is free, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and gives you the chance to talk it through with a trained counsellor.
If you are concerned about any symptoms you are experiencing, contact Healthline (for free) on 0800 358 5453 (or +64 9 358 5453 for international SIMs) or your doctor.
The best starting point for information and advice is covid19.govt.nz/